AMARNA Vida Website
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Preserving your privacy is important to us and we are committed to letting you know how we use your personal information. We will only collect, process and store your personal information in accordance with data protection laws. Personal information is information from which an individual’s identity can be ascertained.
AMARNA Vida adheres at all times to data protection legislation (currently the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR)), which provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erase
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
AMARNA Vida is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We only have access to information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you.
We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We rely upon various lawful bases, as set out in the GDPR, to collect and use your data; (a) Consent of the data subject, (b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract (c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject (d) Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject.
It is in the legitimate interest of AMARNA Vida to collect and process data about you and your usage of the website to carry out evaluation, ensure that the information and resources provided are useful, and to identify areas for improvement as we do not believe that this processing will have any adverse effect on your rights as a data subject.
It is in the legitimate interest of AMARNA Vida to collect and process data from people wishing to submit a job application, submit a referral for use of clinical services or others. We do not believe that this processing will have any adverse effect on your rights as a data subject and is in both our interests.
Where we collect Special Category personal data, sensitive or private information such as ethnicity, or health information, we rely on an additional lawful basis. We rely upon your explicit consent to process this information, or the processing is necessary for the purposes of the provision of health or social care or treatment.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organisation, other than as necessary to fulfil your request.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
We will process personal data from the following categories of people visiting and using this website:
- Website visitors and users (cookie data and any personal data you choose to send us in forms on the site)
- Potential and existing clinical services users (any personal data you send on a referral form, including health details)
- Donors (any personal data you include when making a donation or setting up a direct debit, including your financial details)
- Training and conferences applicants and attendees (any data you submit when applying or paying for a training course, including financial details)
- Job seekers and prospective volunteers (any personal detail you submit in your application, including education and employment history and optional diversity monitoring data)
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our website:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
How we keep, process and dispose of your personal information We keep your personal information in a secure environment, and we do not pass it on to third parties outside of the AMARNA Vida unless legally obliged to do so. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose(s) specified when it was collected, such as in association with your on-going support as a donor, to supply you with the goods or services you have requested and/or to keep you informed about upcoming AMARNA Vida activity.
We keep the data for various lengths of time, depending on the purpose it was collected for. Financial data is retained for 6 years. We keep a permanent record of donors for administration purposes. If you sign up to a newsletter, we will retain your data until you unsubscribe from the list. Job applications are retained for 6 months or for 6 years after you leave employment if the application is successful. Referrals for clinical services are retained for 6 months, unless you use a service, in which case it will be retained with your case file while you use the service and for a period afterwards.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as your phone number), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Third party organisations
We use third parties to collect and process payments and other data submissions to the website. We have contracts with the organisations to ensure that you data is used appropriately and held securely by them on our behalf.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
The cookies we use on the website are: Google Analytics. Google Analytics are used widely by websites to collect information about how website visitors use a site. We will use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how users use the website and to improve the website. Google Analytics collect information in an anonymous form and will not allow us to identify you or collect any personal information about you. Google Analytics does not track your internet activity after leaving the website.
Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default. However, it is possible to set an internet browser to reject cookies.
In providing care to you, the staff at AMARNA Vida (or “we”) will record your medical information in our electronic medical record. Information that identifies you or your health information is called Protected Health Information, or PHI. We are required by law to maintain the confidentiality of your PHI. We are also required to provide you with this Notice of Privacy Practices. This Notice gives you information about AMARNA Vida’s legal duties, responsibilities, and privacy practices involving your PHI. When AMARNA Vida uses or discloses PHI, we must and will abide by the terms of this Notice (or the Notice in effect at the time of any use or disclosure of your PHI).
How AMARNA Vida May Use or Disclose PHI
Some reasons AMARNA Vida may use your PHI are listed below (though not every reason for a use or disclosure is identified.) Some uses and disclosures will require your consent, while other reasons may not.
AMARNA Vida may use or disclose your PHI, with your consent, as follows:
- Communications with Family and Others. We may disclose your PHI to your family members or friends only after obtaining your verbal or written agreement to do so, or after giving you an opportunity to object to such a disclosure and you do not do so.
- Research. For research purposes.
- Sale of PHI or for our Marketing Purposes. This does not include face-to-face communication about products or services that may be of benefit to you, or about prescriptions you have already been prescribed.
- Highly Confidential Information. In some instances, we may need additional, very specific, written authorization to disclose certain types of specially protected information such as psychotherapy notes, HIV status, substance abuse treatment, mental health records, venereal disease information, research involving controlled substances, abortion consent forms, family planning services, and genetic testing information (“Highly Confidential Information”).
- Emancipated Minors. Certain information relating to your diagnosis or treatment may be Highly Confidential Information and will not be disclosed to a parent or guardian without your consent. Your consent is not required, however, if a physician reasonably believes your condition to be so serious that your life or limb is endangered. Under such circumstances, we may notify your parents or legal guardian of the condition and will inform you of a notification. If you are a parent or legal guardian of an emancipated minor, certain portions of the emancipated minor’s medical record (or, in certain instances, the entire medical record) may not be accessible to you.
AMARNA Vida may use or disclose PHI without your consent under the following circumstances:
Treatment. AMARNA Vida uses your PHI to provide treatment and other services to you to diagnose and treat your injury or illness. As part of that treatment, AMARNA Vida may need to disclose PHI to other health care providers involved in your care, such as specialists, pharmacies, and labs.
Payment. AMARNA Vida may disclose your PHI to your insurance company in order to confirm your eligibility to receive care at AMARNA Vida, and for AMARNA Vida to collect payment for its services provided to you. AMARNA Vida may also disclose your PHI to other health care providers so that they may seek payment for services they provided to you.
Operations. We may need to use and disclose your PHI as necessary to support our day-to-day management or for internal administration and planning or quality improvement.
AMARNA Vida must disclose PHI as required by law, for:
- Public Health Reporting. AMARNA Vida is required to provide information to public health authorities to:
- Report abuse or neglect of children, the elderly or the disabled, including instances of rape or sexual assault;
- State agencies in order to prevent or control disease, injury or disability;
- Notify a person of a potential exposure to a communicable disease;
- Notify a person of a potential risk of spreading or contracting a disease or condition;
- Report adverse reactions to drugs or problems with products or devices.
- Workplace Injury or Illness. For work-related illness or injury or as required for workplace medical surveillance, we must report to the insurer and/or the state industrial accident board and/or parties involved in workers’ compensation matters.
- Lawsuits and Similar Proceedings. In the event you are involved in a lawsuit or similar proceeding, AMARNA Vida may need to use and share your PHI in response to a court order, or if a lawful request has been made by another party involved in the dispute with you, but only after we have made efforts to inform you of the request or obtain an order protecting your PHI from disclosure.
- Law Enforcement. PHI may be disclosed to police or other law enforcement officials as required or permitted by law, or to comply with a subpoena accompanied by a court order.
- Death. AMARNA Vida may need to release PHI to a medical examiner or coroner.
- Organ/Tissue Donation. If you are an organ donor, AMARNA Vida may release PHI to organisations that facilitate organ or tissue donation, banking and transplantation.
- Serious Threats to Health or Safety. AMARNA Vida may use PHI to assist with efforts to prevent serious threat to the health and safety of you or others.
- Security. We may need to share PHI with officials for national or international security activities.
Rights Regarding your PHI
- Communications. You may request that AMARNA Vida communicate with you about your health and related issues in a particular manner (e.g., to contact you at home rather than work). You do not need to give a reason for your request.
- Restrictions. You have the right to request that we not share your PHI for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations, or that we share your PHI with only certain individuals. We will abide by your request, unless a disclosure is required by law or is necessary to treat you. To request a restriction, we will need to know: the information you wish to restrict; whether or how you want to restrict AMARNA Vida’s use, disclosure or both; and to whom.
- Inspection, Copies, and Amendments. You have the right to see your PHI and have it copied. Requests for copies must be made in writing. If available, you may obtain an electronic copy of your health record, and/or may direct us to transmit a copy to a person you designate. If AMARNA Vida created the information, you have a right to request that we amend the information if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete. We cannot change medical information created by someone else, or if the change would make your medical record inaccurate or incomplete.
- Revoking your Authorization. With a written request to us, you may revoke or revise prior authorisations for future use/disclosure of your PHI.
- Obtain a Paper Copy of This Notice at Any Time. Email us at email@example.com
- Accounting and Access Reports. You have a right to receive a list of how, and to whom, PHI was disclosed. This is called an “accounting of disclosures.” This would not include disclosures of your PHI made for your treatment, payment, or health care operations. If we use or maintain your PHI in an electronic designated record set, you have a right to receive a report indicating where we (or our Business Associates) have disclosed, and/or who has accessed, your PHI (including access for the purposes of treatment, payment, and health care operations) during a period of time up to three years prior to the date of your request. Requests for an accounting of disclosures and/or requests access reports must be made in writing to AMARNA Vida.
- Notice of a Breach. You have a right to receive notice of any unauthorised access of PHI.
- Revisions to Our Privacy Policies and Practices. AMARNA Vida may change its privacy policies, including this Notice, and make new policies and practices, including revised Notice provisions, effective for all PHI that we maintain. A copy of the current Notice will be posted in our office and on our website.
- Right to File a Complaint. If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with our administrative staff. All complaints must be submitted in writing. You will not be penalised for filing a complaint.